Bridge Elected Chairman at 189th Annual Meeting of Vermont Mutual Insurance Group
MONTPELIER, Vermont (May 1, 2016)—The 189th annual meeting of Vermont Mutual Insurance Group® was held on April 20, 2016, where current President & CEO, Daniel C. Bridge, was also elected Chairman of the Board of Directors.
“Since joining Vermont Mutual in 2009, Dan has played an integral role in guiding the direction of this well-respected group of companies” said Thomas J. Tierney, Vermont Mutual’s former Chairman, President and CEO. “The Board is more than pleased to have Dan accept the responsibilities of Chairman and we have every confidence in his ability to continue to lead the organization into the future.”
“I am truly honored to accept the position of Chairman” said Mr. Bridge. “As we move forward we are blending a rich and successful history with modernization efforts that will allow us to remain a stable, predictable and competent partner for our agents and a financially secure insurance solution for our policyholders.”
In commenting on 2015 results, Bridge stated, “In spite of the historic snowfall and resulting losses in parts of our territory in 2015, we were pleased to remain profitable and achieve our growth goals for the year. We also executed several key strategic initiatives that will benefit our company, agency partners and customers for years to come.
Bridge added, “We are also very pleased to be recognized by Ward Group, with our seventh consecutive Top 50 Company award, and the affirmation of our A+ (Superior) rating by A.M. Best.”
During 2015 Vermont Mutual Insurance Group increased its direct written premium to an unprecedented $401,019,601. Additionally, policyholders’ surplus increased to an all-time high of $380,880,769.
The full list of officers elected at this year’s annual meeting are as follows:
- Daniel C. Bridge, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Mark J. McDonnell, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Richard N. Bland, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Susan L. Chicoine, Vice President Human Resources
- Joanne M. Currier, Vice President Information Technology
- David N. DeLuca, Vice President Claims
- Brian C. Eagan, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
- Shaun P.T. Farley, Vice President Marketing
- Terry J. Moore, Vice President Underwriting