While contending with significant destruction to their office building on State Street in Montpelier, Vermont Mutual Insurance has witnessed the catastrophic impact to the homes and businesses in their own neighborhood.
Dan Bridge, Vermont Mutual’s President and CEO, commented, “In our 195 year history, we have seen our share of calamity and we have witnessed Vermonters rise up to the challenges they face, but not without help, both financial and community collaboration. Our hearts go out to all those affected by this catastrophic flooding.”
To assist those in need, Vermont Mutual is committing significant financial assistance, and, similar to their $1M COVID relief contribution, they are directing the funds to community partners who are best equipped to get relief into the hands of those who need it most.
• Vermont Mutual will contribute $200,000 to the Vermont Community Foundation’s Vermont Flood Response and Recovery 2023 to distribute relief across the state.
• They have donated $100,000 to The Montpelier Foundation, a local community organization focused on the needs within their hometown.
• Vermont Mutual has allocated $100,000 to the Barre Community Relief Fund to assist their neighboring city, home to many of their employees who have also experienced catastrophic loss.
• The company will contribute $50,000 to the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont Farmers Emergency Fund to provide assistance to the agriculture community across Vermont.
• Vermont Mutual is also encouraging employees to utilize the company’s Donation Matching Program to effectively double employee donations to flood relief organizations that are important to them.
Bridge added, “Throughout history, our experience has been that Vermonters rally together in difficult times. Since the flood, we have seen this on a daily basis in downtown Montpelier, and as a long tenured member of Vermont’s business community, we are grateful to provide, like many others, financial support to help rebuild our communities. Recovery will take some time, but we remain Vermont Strong.”
To donate to any of the organizations mentioned above, please refer to the links below.
Vermont Flood Relief Organizations
The Vermont Community Foundation: https://vermontcf.org/our-impact/programs-and-funds/vt-flood-response/
The Montpelier Foundation: https://www.montpelierfoundation.org/
Barre Community Relief Fund: https://barrevt.com/barre-community-fund/
Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont Farmer Emergency Fund: https://www.nofavt.org/farmer-emergency-fund