Vermont Mutual Insurance Group logo
Man and woman exchanging insurance information over a car
Automobile FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Automobile FAQ

Vermont Mutual Claims Department – Frequently Asked Questions – Auto

What is the procedure once a claim has been reported?

Once your claim has been reported you will be contacted by a qualified claims representative, who will take you through the steps necessary to process your claim. They will be able to answer any questions that you have during the claims process.

May I choose any repair shop to complete the repairs to my vehicle?

Absolutely. It is your choice where you have your repair work done, and our automobile appraisers will work with the shop of your choice to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible.

What happens if additional damages are found during the course of my repairs?

These are considered supplemental repairs, and our appraisers will work with your shop to make sure they are properly addressed.

Should I still report a claim if I was not at fault?

Yes, any loss in which you are involved with should be reported to us. You may ultimately elect not to use your coverage with Vermont Mutual, but we will be able to provide guidance and be ready to serve you in the event that you do need to use your own coverage.

When will my deductible be returned if I was not at fault?

If we process a claim for you where another party was at fault, we will take the necessary steps to recover the amounts we have paid, including your deductible, and return your deductible once the recovery process is complete.

What should I do if my windshield is damaged?

You, or your agent should call our dedicated glass claims number at 1-800-873-4948. A glass representative will assist you in processing your claim.

Should I contact the police if I am involved in an accident?

You should always contact the police if your have an accident. If available, be sure to let us know the authorities contacted and the report number.

How can I find out information regarding my open claim?

Please contact us at 1-800-435-0397 if you have any questions regarding your open claim. A claims representative can assist with any questions you might have.